What is the Body + Love Workshop
Body + Love Workshop is a weekend-long gathering for individuals coming together to create a happier and healthier life from the inside out, fueled by self-love driven changes. This is a size-inclusive experience for persons of every age, shape, and color; a place to connect, dig deep, and learn tools to rise into your empowered life. Leave with a renewed confidence, a sense of community, and an understanding of the role honoring body and soul play in creating your best life. Body and love.
The event is created by Sarah Sapora, a self-love mentor and wellness advocate. Sarah created the event based on her own personal journey to create her greater life. At every event or workshop she would go to, Sarah would find herself appalled by the lack of body diversity around her. Over 60% of women in this country are plus size, and yet the wellness and personal growth industry does little to include persons of size other than offer them a “diet.”
Sarah’s deepest passion is creating a place where people can come together to “Rise the f*ck up” and create their greater fueled by self-love
- If you have ever wanted to create change in your life but felt scared or stuck...
- If you have ever had to buy a pen or a tote bag because the event tee didn’t come in your size...
- If you have ever DEEPLY wanted to connect to your own self-love...
- If you want to RISE THE F*CK UP in your life and do so with the support of like-minded peeps.... I’VE GOT YOU COVERED!
What You Can Expect
- Community. Soul-work. Thought-provoking panels. Karaoke jam sessions. Questions probing you to examine your fears and passions. Dance breaks. Laughter. Meditation. Lots of hugs... and a safe space for you to show up EXACTLY how you are without judgment.
- Kundalini yoga and meditation
- Discussions about fear, faith, and the power of making changes fueled by self-love. (Speakers will be
- announced shortly!)
- Workshops about shifting your “movement mindset” from being a punishment for your body to a
- celebration and understanding how your “core pain” impacts personal relationships.
- And more to be announced!
- What the workshop is...
- A place to explore what your “greater life” means to you personally.
- A chance to think about what your “happier and healthier” life looks like, relevant to your own body journey.
- A judgment-free zone safe for every body type.
- A space you will feel support, from like-minded women and professionals.
- Resources and inspiration!
- What the workshop ISN'T!
- An event pushing “diet culture” as a means of change.
- A place you will be “skinny shamed” or “fat shamed” for your body-goals and desires.
- A special “insiders club” of elite women who dress, look, and think the same.
- A “sink or swim” shark tank of “mean girls.”
- Full of sales pitches.
Dates to Know
- Early Bird ticketing runs through May 31, 2018.
- Main Event workshop tickets are available for $250 during the Early Bird period, $300 for the general
- sales period through August 31; after September 1, event tickets are available for a last-minute rate
- of $350.
- All seating is general admission; there are no VIP tickets. (All tickets are created equal here!)
- In addition to the Main Event, there are two optional add-on experiences.
- o Friday Night Mixer: Kick off your Body + Love experience with a social hangout with Sarah and other attendees! Join the group for dancing, hugs, and lots of selfies. Each ticket includes small bites and two (2) drinks with a limited cash bar available for attendees 21+.
- o Start your Sunday with a special heart-centering meditation led by Sarah. Sadhana is a daily spiritual practice; it can be the foundation of your growth and help you set each day up for success. (We're not getting too "woo woo" together... Promise!) Get centered with a powerful meditation and learn tips to help you create a powerful morning sadhana of your own!
- The add-ons are available for $50 each, or $89 for both.